Things I am working on

Just an update. I've been down in the "trenches", poking around with various technologies. Below is a short list of things i am checking out:

Mono and SWT
I am checking out mono and SWT as a UI toolkit vs Windows.Forms, or GTK# or WxWidgets or some other toolkit. SWT is an interesting UI toolkit that uses native widgets. Originally from IBM and now a major part of the eclipse project. It seems that IKVM allows SWT to be run without much effort. I'll post some of my progress on this later

IKVM and Eclipse
I am also checking out running the current version of eclipse with IKVM. Why? Its an interesting test on how far the project has come, its also could provide an interesting alternative to MonoDevelop or Visual Studio. WindowBuilder is also an interesting feature i'd like to check out. What if WindowBuilder could produce C# compatible SWT code? Could be a boon for Desktop mono linux apps.

Solaris ZFS development
I am looking at doing some Solaris Development. Yes, this isnt C#, but I am a big ZFS fan. So poking around in the source code of interest to me. I had some major setbacks because of a Oracle site change which changed the version of Solaris studio publicly available, but i think going GCC and Illumos will allow me to poke/hack around and see what interesting things i can bring to ZFS

Windows Mobile Phone 7 Development
Mango brings a lot of features that are very interesting to me. I'd like to play around with them. I'll probably release a Windows Mobile Phone 7 app here soon. I have always been a fan of silverlight (and a lesser extent JavaFX) bringing "real" (see Non-Actionscript) development into the RIA/RCP world.


I hope to have some examples of SWT up in the coming weeks.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog