Haiku + Mono: Almost there

After trying to compile and install mono 2.10.8 on the latest builds of Haiku, its apparent that Haiku is now getting some Mono love. Its not 100% complete, but while spelunking through source I saw specific __HAIKU__ #ifdef tags, which didnt exist when i first started looking into getting mono working.

It looks like by the next alpha or release candidate mono will be up and running. Its doubtful my endeavors really helped. Though going forward I will be,  at the very least, publishing the majority of hacks so they may be used as information for patches going forward. I will also attempt (where i see the need) to get patches committed into Mono (and any other projects/tech that I hack regularly).

I think the knowledge gained from hacking Mono/WebOS, Mono/Haiku and ZFS/Snappy (among others) will allow me to start creating useful patches. I've learned a lot about autoconf, automake, et al.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

AutoConf and M4 bliss