ZFS + Snappy = Done

I've completed my first zfs + snappy build. Its up on github at https://github.com/techsaint/zfs-snappy. I tried to test it on my Virtualbox instance, but it doesn't look like there is very good VDI support for zfs. It seems to freeze when i try to write to a file system. I tried with the non snappy version too, just in case I mucked up something, but the vanilla version also froze. Now that I have a compatible version, I will test it on actual hardware, instead of in a VM.

This build actually has snappy baked into zfsonlinux using the snappy-c library I found. If this route works, I will look at using the snappy-c port in an illumos build. I have all the changes out on bitbucket, and I did spend a few months learning the opensolaris/illumos build files....

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

AutoConf and M4 bliss