Small Snappy + ZFS breakthrough

Woo!. Seems everything compiles perfectly. I had to copy the snappy libraries into the closed binary section of the build. Also, i had to build a 64bit and 32bit version of snappy (a bit difficult). I ran into a libtool bug (yes, another road block) when trying to compile the 64bit version of snappy.


Right now, I use iscsi with virtualbox. So its difficult to import that into a different VM product (most desktop VM products dont support iSCSI booting).. I think i will copy over my illumos-gate directory to a now OpenIndiana installation, using a virtualHD, instead of iscsi. Then i should be able to import it into VMware or VirtualPC...and avoid the virtualbox bug I am experiencing with the latest illumos build.

https://bitbucket.org/techsaint/zfssnappy

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

AutoConf and M4 bliss